2023 plAB aUDITIONS FOR fIREBRINGER
At the dawn of humanity, one tribe of cave-people survives the many trials of prehistoric life under the wise leadership of Jemilla, The Peacemaker. Jemilla taught her people to express themselves, rather than bashing each others' heads with rocks and eating each others' babies. But one member of the tribe doesn't seem to fit in: Zazzalil. She's always trying to invent things to make life easier… for herself. While out hatching her latest scheme, Zazzalil stumbles upon the most important discovery in history. One that will pit her tribe against wooly mammoths, saber-toothed tigers, and change the world forever. She'll travel from omega to alpha, and become… the Firebringer!
Auditions fore Education @ the Warner's Performance Lab will be held in the Warner Theatre's Center for Arts Education on December 17 and 18, 2022.
Rehearsals will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays 5-8pm
and sundays from 12-4pm
Registration is required for participation in Performance Lab. Financial Aid is available.
PREPARING FOR YOUR AUDITION
- Plan for an hour of time. Each student will have 10 minutes to read from the script and sing their song of choice from a modern musical in a similar style to the show. At the end of each hour, auditioners will learn a short dance routine together
- Prepare a monologue. It can be dramatic or comedic- should be no more than one minute long. Auditioners may also be asked to read select sides
- What character do you want to play? Are you interested in a speaking role, or do you want to be part of the ensemble? Familiarize yourself with the story.
- Be prepared to sing. Choose a song from a modern musical to sing in your range. Bring sheet music in the correct key for the accompanist.
- Be prepared to dance. Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to learn a short dance combination.
- Bring your best - we can’t wait to meet you!