Performance Lab Audition/Production Notice
FIREBRINGER has been cast! Check back here for Performance Lab audition updates and announcements!
What’s the buzz?
Join us for Warner Education Performance Lab’s performance of FIREBRINGER on March 11 & 12, 2023!
At the dawn of humanity, one tribe of cave-people survives the many trials of prehistoric life under the wise leadership of Jemilla, The Peacemaker. Jemilla taught her people to express themselves, rather than bashing each others’ heads with rocks and eating each others’ babies. But one member of the tribe doesn’t seem to fit in: Zazzalil. She’s always trying to invent things to make life easier… for herself. While out hatching her latest scheme, Zazzalil stumbles upon the most important discovery in history. One that will pit her tribe against wooly mammoths, saber-toothed tigers, and change the world forever. She’ll travel from omega to alpha, and become… the Firebringer!
Performance Lab students participate in a focused, rigorous theater program, which includes instruction in music performance, acting, and dance. This year’s Performance Lab program culminates in a production of Firebringer on March 11-12, 2023, which will take place in Warner Education’s Nancy Marine Studio Theatre.
Students auditioning for Performance Lab must be at least 14 years of age. It is recommended that students have prior experience in a rigorous production and/or training environment.
Preparing for Your Audition
- Please prepare a monologue (can be dramatic or comedic – should be no more than one minute long).
- Auditioners may also be asked to read select sides.
- Be prepared to sing. Bring 16-32 measures of a prepared piece to present. Please bring two copies of sheet music to your audition.
- Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to learn a short dance combination.
- Bring your best – we can’t wait to meet you!